Friday, May 20, 2005

i will not waste my food again





saw this email that my friend fwd to me....
this pic really shocked me...
and i suddenly realized how fortunate we are
and how discontented and greedy i am to always wanting for more luxurious material enjoyment and superficial reputation and lifestyle..
i will not waste or complain about my food again...
let's say a prayer for the suffering in anywhere anyplace around the globe...




kevin Carter was the photographer who took this picture.

This was found in his diary:
Dear God, I promise I will never waste my food no matter how bad it can taste and how full I may be. I pray that He will protect this little boy, guide and deliver him away from his misery. I pray that we will be more sensitive towards the world around us and not be blinded by our own selfish nature and interests. I hope this picture will always serve as a reminder to us that how fortunate we are and that we must never ever take things for granted.

2 comments:

le_papillon said...

人要懂得知足,才能拥有真正的幸福,感受到真正的快乐。

le_papillon said...

wonder~ why didnt he try to save the child at that time??? =(